The Liebster Award

Wednesday 20 November 2013

Firstly, I would like to thank The Ruby Blonde and Popcorn and Glitter for nominating me for this award. I am so grateful to know that there are people out there that not only read my blog but actually enjoy reading it. So, thank you to everyone who has commented, followed or even just looked at my blog because it means a lot. Don't worry the 'corniness' ends here.

This Liebster Award has been created to help all the new bloggers out there gain some recognition, find fellow blogs to follow and just generally give us a helping hand (not that any of you need it, aha)

The Rules
1. Firstly, the nominees have to list 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Secondly, they must answer the 11 questions put to them by the blogger who nominated them.
3. Finally, the nominee has to choose 11 bloggers who have 200 followers or less and give them 11 questions to answer.

The 11 Random Facts
  • Every Sunday, I volunteer at a kennels to gain work experience as I would like to be a vet in the future.
  • I study Chemistry, Biology and Maths A-levels at college (yes, interesting I know).
  • I am a huge sucker for Disney films such as Tangled.
  • Gerard Butler is the hottest guy in Hollywood despite his age of 44.
  • I used to collect rubbers of all shapes and sizes and I'm not entirely sure why.
  • I am superstitious but only when it comes to magpies and say 'Aye, aye Captain' when I see just one.
  • Rock is my favourite genre of music with Lower Than Atlantis, Deaf Havana and Don Broco being among my favourite bands. 
  • I have been to Reading Festival for the past 3 years.
  • I have never broken a bone in my body (touches every wooden surface in the world)
  • I love cooking and trying out new recipes, especially any dessert recipes.
  • My natural hair colour is dark brown

The Questions: Answered
As I was nominated by two great bloggers, I wasn't certain how the rules worked and decided to choose questions from both blogs who nominated me at random. 

1. If you could back to one era, what would it be?
I am torn between the 40's with it's ladylike fashion and altogether more simple way of life such as in The Notebook or the Gatsby-esque 20's party atmosphere, flapper dresses and flamboyant style. If I had to choose however I would say the 40's as I find the fashion and era itself romantic.

2. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
Mayflower comes from my middle name which is May, I toyed around with different words that fit and decided that flower sounded the best. My name is important to me as my Mum and Dad constantly call me different affectionate versions and I thought it would be nice to incorporate it within my blog.
3. If you could swap wardrobes with anyone, who would it be?
I would swap wardrobes with Alexa Chung as her style is so effortless, tailored and yet relaxed. The woman looks great in pretty much anything and seems to have a huge love for collars, which is definitely something I love.
4. What made you start a blog?
A while ago I started following blogs and ever since wanted one of my own. Around a 3 months ago I decided to start up this blog so I could express myself through fashion.
5. Where would you like to be in five years time?
In five years time I would like to be even closer to my goal of becoming a vet and maybe living in London amongst the 'buzz' of the city. If none of this happens however I would just like to be happy as that is what life is all about after all.
6. Do you prefer manually shopping or online shopping?
The practicality of online shopping is something that appeals to me as it is easier to find a specific item. However, there isn't a greater feeling than searching the shops and finding the perfect item or items of clothing. There is a strange sense of pride in it I guess and a day out shopping is definitely a therapy.
7. What items are currently on your wishlist?
Currently, I am searching for the perfect mesh items to add an extra dimension to any outfit whilst layered. Since Christmas is coming up however the only things really on my wishlist are presents for other people, oh well my wishes will have to wait.
8. What is your go-to outfit or item of clothing?
Whenever I am in a dilemma about what to wear I'll throw on a pair of dungarees with a jumper and collared shirt layered underneath. It is my go-to outfit that I know will look good or at least acceptable without any extra effort put it.
9. If I were a character in a film, I would be?
I would be Merida from Brave as she always strives for what she wants in life and how she wants her life to be, which is something that has always inspired me. Plus she has the most amazing hair ever.
10. Who are your blog inspirations?
The blogs that inspire me the most would have to be Le Happy, SaraLuxe and The Little Magpie.
11. Where do you like to shop?
On the high street my favourite places to shop are Topshop, H&M and Urban Outfitters. If I'm going to shop online I would probably say Asos as it has such a wide variety of choice. However, nothing beats rummaging around in vintage shops trying to find cute little trinkets and clothing gems. Basically, I just love shopping.


The 11 Blogs
Fashion Cult, Hidden Between, One In A Million, Paloma in Disguise, What Alice Wore.
Well the 11 seems to have turned into five as I don't seem to follow enough 'new' blogs but I would love to so if anyone knows of any it would be great to hear from them.

The Questions: Asked

1. Other than blogging, what other hobbies do you have?
2. What is your favourite purchase in the last six months?
3. How much do you tend to spend on clothing monthly?
4. What high street store, in your opinion, provides the best value for money?
5. If you had to choose only one blog to read for the rest of your life, whose would it be and why?
6. What is your idea of a perfect evening?
7. If next months clothing budget was £50, what would you buy?
8. If you could play any role in a film, who would it be and why?
9. Who is your favourite fashion designer?
10. In your opinion, which supermarket designs the best clothing?
11. Last but not least, one from my boyfriend who takes the photos. 
Who would win in a fight, Postman Pat or Fireman Sam?

Ellie x





No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
© MAYFLOWER Maira Gall.